The Valley Tour explores the land surrounding and encompassing Custer’s famous Camp 21 of June 15th, 1876. This interesting tour focuses on the rich, diverse history of eastern Montana, including the notorious General George A. Custer. You will gain many new insights regarding the history of the significant Camp 21: including that of the horse, Native American Plains tribes and the US military of the 1870’s.
At Camp 21, it is our goal to honor the horse, and all it has done for the development of our nation. Of all the domestic animals, the horse has had the most profound influence on the history of humans. Nowhere is this crucial impact more noticeable than in eastern Montana.
- The Valley Tour is suitable for ages 4 and up
- Tours are conducted on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of June, July and August.
- We offer hotel pickup beginning at 6:30 PM for the Best Western War Bonnet Inn, 1015 S. Haynes; The Econo Lodge, 1209 S. Haynes; The Miles City Hotel & Suites, 1720 S. Haynes; for the nearby Guesthouse & Suites; and for the Sleep Inn, 1006 S. Haynes.
- Pre-payment is encouraged. Payment may also be made at the time of departure by cash, check or credit card.
- Cost is $15 per person
- Walk-ons are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, provided seats are available
- No handicapped accommodations are available
- Management reserves the right to change or cancel tours due to inclement weather or technical difficulties
- Arrangements may be made to have Camp 21 tour guides narrate a step-on tour from your motor-coach